10 Home Remodeling Experts You Should Be Following on Twitter
If you’re like a lot of Connecticut homeowners, you probably have at least one room in your house that you have considered remodeling. You’ve probably even found yourself sitting down expecting to spend a half-hour looking for design ideas, only to emerge 3 hours later, more confused than you were before. To help you cut through all the remodeling noise, we’ve put together this list of 10 home remodeling experts that you should be following on Twitter right now!
1. Houzz: The folks at Houzz are an amazing resource for design inspiration and tips for your Connecticut home remodeling project. The popular remodeling website often tweets their design books, along with home improvement tips, and blog articles.
2. HGTVRemodels: 2-3 times a day, HGTV Remodels tweets photos to inspire your next remodel. The TV station also frequently shares links to examples of popular trends like “All Black Kitchens” or “Mosaic Bathroom Tiles”. Check out their #HGTVUrbanOasis hashtag for some fresh takes on everything from the kitchen to the bedroom.
3. Modernize: The folks at modernize cover more than just remodeling; if you simply want to optimize the space you have or reorganize it, they’ve got ideas for that too. Their tweets are full of pictures as well as contractor information, referrals, and lots of modern design tips.
4. ThisOldHouse: This classic PBS show goes modern with a helpful Twitter feed covering everything from home remodeling ideas and weatherizing to DIY projects and tutorials.
5. Dwell: Decidedly in the modern category when it comes to remodeling and design inspiration; if you like modern angles and sleekness, this is a good place to get ideas for both residential and commercial settings.
6. Curbed: If you’re looking for high-end design ideas of the rich, famous, designers and interesting personalities, you’ll find them here. Curbed tweets behind-the-scenes looks at celebrity homes as well as real estate and architectural insight.
7. House Beautiful: Get a practical point of view on home remodeling through the House Beautiful twitter feed. The well-known remodeling magazine shares with ideas for remodeling, renovations, cleaning, organization, color schemes, and more.
8. Yahoo! Homes: On Twitter, Yahoo Homes has made a special niche for itself highlighting interesting architecture, remodeling trends, and real estate news percolating through the media. Follow this account to stay up to date on home news throughout the country.
9. Bob Vila: DIY guru, Bob Vila, tweets several times a day with do-it-yourself advice, gardening tips, and everything else your Connecticut home remodel might need.
10. Home Adore: Home Adore’s twitter feed to full of gorgeous pictures of exterior and interior design ideas from a variety of established and up-and-coming designers and architects. Follow their tweets for advice from an expert eye.
So whether you’re looking for modern or farmhouse, angular or retro—or something completely different for your Connecticut home makeover, follow the tweets of these 10 design experts to get the inspiration you need for your project!
With over 20 years in the business, Litchfield Builders knows what it takes to make your home remodeling project a success. We have helped couples and families across New Haven County understand the remodeling process and turn their new houses into homes. To get started on your home remodeling project with our team, click the banner below to request your free initial consultation.