How to Improve Client Relationships Through Commercial Remodeling
Change is good, so they say--and this is definitely true of commercial remodeling. Remodeling presents a unique opportunity for business owners to update their look, boost the reputation of their organization, and improve client relationships. Whether it is a restaurant, office building, or retail store, here are a few ways that commercial remodeling can help you improve your client relationships:
Creating Positive First Impressions
First impressions are almost always superficial. A building, restaurant, or office that has clearly not been updated in many years gives visitors the impression that the company does not care about the way it presents itself or worse --- that the business is not doing well.
An out-of-date environment can make clients and customers assume that the owners can’t afford to update their space and may in turn, question the quality and relevance of your work, equipment, processes, etc. Updating your facilities, even with a simple coat of paint, new flooring, furniture, of fixtures will improve client perceptions of a business.
Showing Concern for the Environment
A commercial construction project presents a great opportunity to make environmentally friendly improvement. In today’s increasing “green” world, everyone is going the extra mile to do their part to save energy and limit waste. By remodeling to include more sustainable materials and efficient features, you will be sending customers and clients the message that you are proactive and are concerned about long-term growth.
Business owners can make changes to the following systems to improve their energy efficiency:
- Plumbing. Installing low-flow toilets, water-efficient faucets and water-efficient dishwashers can dramatically reduce water consumption in all businesses, but particularly for businesses like restaurants, which rely heavily on water consumption to function.
- Lighting. Installing energy efficient light fixtures and light bulbs will reduce a business' energy consumption and costs.
- Heating and Cooling. Air conditioner technology has changed a great deal in the last few decades, and modern air conditioners are much more energy efficient than models from 20 years ago. In fact, the EPA's ENERGY STAR program states on their website that if an air conditioner is more than 10 years old, that system should be evaluated for possible improvement or replacement.
Increase Customer Comfort
Last, but not least commercial remodeling presents business owners with the opportunity to make their office or facilities are more comfortable and inviting place for clients and customers to visit. Consider doing the following during when remodeling:
- Knock down walls to give customers more space to move around on showroom floors and in the dining rooms of restaurants.
- Improve insulation and update the heating and cooling system to maintain a consistently comfortable temperature throughout the year.
- Install new furniture--as many businesses do when they remodel--to allow clients and customers to rest in comfort while on the premises.
- Increase the parking lot size to give customers more spaces to park, and as a result, customers will find visiting that business to be a more positive experience.
With over 20 years experience, Litchfield Builders is an award winning general contractor who has been trusted with dozens of prominent commercial construction projects throughout New Haven and the surrounding areas. Click the banner below to get started on your project with a member of our team today!