5 Connecticut Remodeling Projects that will Increase Your Home's Value
With the weather warming up and free-time in abundance, summer is the perfect time of year for making major home improvements. If you're a homeowner seeking for the next big project that will boost your property values, look no further. These 5 Connecticut remodeling projects will increase your home's value and improve the quality of life in your home overall.
5 Connecticut Remodeling Projects to Increase Your Homes Value
1. Kitchen Remodel: A kitchen remodel can be as simple as changing the flooring and replacing the countertops, or can be as complicated as expanding the room’s square footage. Adding eat-in space can make your home appealing to more buyers if you’re thinking about selling your home in a few years, while installing all new appliances can make life easier for you and potential future owners. Whatever you choose to do for your kitchen remodel, a typical return on investment runs around 120%!
2. Deck Addition: Adding outdoor space for entertaining can make your home the best party spot on your block. When choosing a design for your deck addition, consider interesting custom features like a curved perimeter, multiple levels and comfortable benches. By adding a deck to your home, you can plan to recoup as much as 131% on your investment.
3. Bathroom Remodel or Addition: Bathrooms are one of the most private rooms in the house, which means that you can never have too many fully functional, luxurious bathrooms on the premises. Replacing fixtures and flooring can make an old bathroom look brand new, while a bathroom addition can make life more comfortable for you, members of your household, and all your future guests. Even better: you can expect to recover as much as 182% of your costs at the time of sale.
4. Attic or Basement Finishing: Attic or basement finishing projects can give you the extra space you need to work from home, store more things or expand your family. You can even use your newly finished space to share your home with a parent or in law. Adding finished space will allow you to recover up to 72% of the costs at the time of sale.
5. Green Improvements: Green improvements can save you money in the short term while also improving your property values in the long term. Adding low-flow fixtures for the bathroom, upgrading your appliances to ENERGY STAR certified products, installing solar panels and replacing your windows are all ways that you can reduce your home’s carbon footprint while also boosting your property values.
These home renovations boost your home’s value and can make living in your home a better experience overall. If you’re thinking about taking on any of these home improvement projects this summer, seek a consultation with an experienced and certified professional. Contact Litchfield Builders for a free consultation today. With over 20 years in the business, Litchfield Builders are New Haven’s premier general contractor.